Our latest Ofsted inspection took place in March 2014 where our school was awarded a grading of ‘Good’ overall and ‘Outstanding’ in the area of Behaviour and Safety of Pupils. Some of the key quotes from the report are listed below.
Kite Ridge Education Unit is a good school because:
- Teaching is consistently good and occasionally outstanding whether by teachers, or by “key workers” (support assistants) working on an individual basis with pupils.
- Teachers and other adults are skilled in overcoming the substantial barriers to learning caused by the pupils’ severe and complex learning difficulties.
- Adults have an exceptional knowledge of their pupils and their disabilities. They plan and teach lessons which are well adapted for the needs of their pupils.
- The adults manage the pupils’ behaviour very well. They skilfully reinforce positive behaviour and over time, considering the pupils’ complex needs, make a substantial contribution to helping the pupils to understand and control their own behaviour.
- The pupils feel safe and the school makes outstanding provision for their safety and well-being.
- The management committee has several new members but has demonstrated convincingly that it offers strong support and consistent challenge to the school’s leadership.
To access the Ofsted report, please click here.
To access Ofsted Parent View as a parent of the school, please follow this link: https://parentview.ofsted.gov.uk.