Kite Ridge School is a maintained school offering long term placements for pupils from across Buckinghamshire. The school admits secondary school age children with significantly challenging behaviour and a secondary need of severe learning difficulties and autistic spectrum disorder. Students will have:
- Cognitive skills within the severe learning difficulties range.
- Wide ranging difficulties which inhibit their ability to learn which may include:
- Poor self esteem
- Anti-social or inappropriate behaviours
- Inability to form appropriate social relationships
- A diagnosis of ASD, ADHD, conduct disorder or other clinically recognised conditions manifesting in challenging social and emotional related behaviours.
In order to be considered for placement a child must have a statement of Special Educational Needs or an EHCP plan, and be aged between 11 and 19. They must also be unable to fully access, or follow in a modified form, the National Curriculum within another maintained specialist provision due to their challenging behaviour. Furthermore, their ability must lie within certain specified bands for Literacy and Numeracy. In exceptional cases, a child who does not fully meet the criteria may be considered for placement at the request of Bucks County Council SEN Team.
Admission to Kite Ridge School can only take place through a referral by the Bucks County Council SEN Team. Contact your current school or Bucks County Council using the following details: